- Give a brief history of the bugle.
- Explain and demonstrate how the bugle makes a sound and explain how the bugle is related to other brass wind instruments.
- Explain how to care for, clean, and maintain a bugle.
- Sound the following bugle calls: First Call, Reveille, Mess, To the Colors, Officers, Drill, Assembly, Recall, Fatigue, Church, Fire, Swimming, Retreat, Call to Quarters, Taps.
- Explain when each of the calls in requirement 4 is used.
- Serve as bugler in your troop for 3 months.