- Prepare a short written report or outline for your counselor, giving a detailed description of your collection, including a short history.*
- Explain the growth and development of your collection.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of preserving and displaying your collection.
- Explain the precautions that are needed to be taken to preserve your collection, including
Explain how to best display your collection, keeping in mind preserving as discussed above. Explain to your counselor the events available for a hobbyist of this collection including
- Storage Note precautions for dampness, sun, or other weather conditions.
Demonstrate your knowledge of collecting and investing. Discuss with your counselor:
Do the following:
- How investing and speculation would apply to your collection
- What you would look for in purchasing other collections similar to yours
- What you would expect in return value in the event you decided to sell all or part of the collection
Show the location of and explain to your counselor the following:
- Discuss with your counselor at least 10 terms commonly used in your collection and be prepared to discuss the definition of each.
- Display to your counselor two different sets of your collection and a description of each area of the sets. (Note: if your collection is too large to transport and your counselor is unable to view your collection directly, photographs should be available to explain and display.)
- Explain how your collection is valued by other collectors and display to your counselor any price guides that may be available.
- Explain how your collection is graded, including the categories mentioned above for value, physical defects, size and age. Show the various classifications used in your collection.
- List the national, state, or local association responsive to your collection.
Discuss with your counselor how you became interested in this collections and the plans you have to continue with the collection in the future. Discuss with your counselor the career opportunities that may be available involving your collection.
- Identification number (if applicable)
- Brand name (if any)
- Any other special identification marks